Position: Marketing Associate (Mid-Level) | Organisation: ART X Collective (Nigeria / West Africa) | Job Location: Lagos | Period: Full-time | Salary: Competitive | Application Deadline – Not stated | Submit Application: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a passionate marketer looking to make an impact on the African cultural landscape, here’s an opportunity to join a team of creative entrepreneurs at the continent’s leading cultural management company.
Over the past 9 years, ART X Collective has built platforms and experiences that celebrate and amplify the breadth of Africa’s creative expression, including ART X Lagos – the premier international art fair in West Africa; ART X Prize – Nigeria’s leading award for emerging visual artists; and ART X Live! – a dynamic live showcase and launchpad for rising musicians and artists.
We’re looking for a cross-disciplinary/ 360° marketer to work closely with the Head of Marketing to administer and execute marketing strategy with the goal of effectively engaging our target audiences.
Apply because you want to
● Work with a team of bright, curious and action-oriented people with opportunities to learn at every turn
● Expand your repertoire with multiple aspects of the marketing mix horizontally across channels and vertically through the whole funnel.
● Take ownership and responsibility
● Execute campaigns excellently with world-class professionalism
● Work in a swish office with drinks and the occasional team lunches
The ideal candidate has a keen interest in the creative industries and keeps abreast with marketing trends and their applications to deliver high ROI. They have superior organisational skills, with an eye for producing outstanding content. They will:
● Work closely with the Head of Marketing to manage marketing projects to ensure that the team runs smoothly.
● Write copy for clear internal and external communications.
● Execute digital and advertising plans, including analytics and performance, leveraging the right tools to manage feedback.
● Manage contractors and consultants including filmmakers, photographers, and graphic designers to produce world-class content.
● Manage brand-owned communications platforms including the company website, newsletters, pull-outs etc.
● Support the delivery of PR and media campaigns (both locally and internationally), including the management of agencies.
● Supervise the live content media room during ART X Lagos fair week.
● Oversee, compile, analyse and submit campaign reports to the Head of Marketing.
● Other duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing.
Preferred skills and requirements
● Excellent written, grammatical, editorial and communications skills – versatility and ability to edit in various styles and tones
● Excited about organising and project management
● Visually oriented with a proven track record in creating high-quality content
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Superior attention to detail
● Ability to spot future trends in digital technologies and social media platforms and
act proactively to implement results-based campaigns
● A team player with the confidence and ability to guide others
● A start-up mindset – highly proactive and collaborative with an entrepreneurial,
roll-up-your-sleeves approach to delivering exceptional results.
Send applications to
Send a CV and writing sample in 150 words about your career aspirations and how you expect this role to further them.
Subject Line: Marketing Associate
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Visit the following websites for more information on ART X brands: www.artxcollective.com and www.artxlagos.com.